Pre-order now and your 2018 diary will be the very first to receive a postage stamp collage makeover, in your own favourite colour combination! (Stock is currently with the printer and will be ready in the latter half of September.)
* Front cover will be collaged with a blend of vintage world postage stamps, in your choice of colours (see drop-down lists)
* Photos shown are examples only: a new diary will be collaged just for you!
* Handy pocket size = 10.2cm x 14.8cm = 4 x 5.8 inches (3mm narrower than standard A6 size)
* 44 pages of 115gsm recycled paper printed with:
- a handy, year-at-a-glance 2018 calendar
- a full year double page spread for marking important dates
- a double month spread for each month of the year including extra note space
- additional graph and dot grid note pages
- lined to-do list pages
- a space for quick-reference important info
* Stapled binding covered with grey cloth binding tape
* Beautiful wooden-barrelled pen shown in pic 4 not included! Please visit http://NobbysNibs.etsy.com for current selection available...
* * * * *
A blank kraft diary will be upcycled with an original, one of a kind collage of vintage postage stamps from around the world, in a colour combination chosen by you! The cover of your handy, pocket-sized planner-notebook will be stampified into something entirely unique, signed & date-stamped on the inside front cover.
PLEASE NOTE As this notebook will be custom-made to your own specification following receipt of order, it will not be possible to despatch your order immediately (timeframe will vary depending on my current order volume but I will always despatch as soon as possible). Please see separate listings for pre-collaged notebooks if you have an urgent deadline for your order.
* * * * *
* Choose 1 or 2 colour options from the drop down menus.
* I will collage the cover of your notebook beginning with Colour 1 across the top seguing down into Colour 2. I may include accents in additional, related colours, depending on the relation between your 2 choices - for example green-(blue)-purple - but can specifically avoid doing so if you include a note for this preference at checkout.
* If you choose the same colour for both 1 & 2, the collage will graduate from light to dark within that colour family but the variation may not be as pronounced as examples shown, depending on colour range of stamps available. I may still include additional accent colours but only in very close shades (eg turquoise to light blue, pink to light red, or dark blue to violet-purple etc).
* Feel free to contact me before placing an order if you want to double-check how your preferred colour scheme might work out. As you can see from the examples in pics 1 & 2, even when similar colour combinations are used, the results are always quite different.
* * * * *
The postage stamps used will date from a wide range of periods, from early 20th century up to the 1970s (or thereabouts) and bear fragments of postmarks and other cancellation marks as a testament to their former active service for worldwide postal services, providing a real sense of history. Stamps will be included from as wide a variety of countries as possible, depending on your chosen colour scheme.
FIRST CLASS COLLAGES
Every collage in the FIrst Class series evolves from a very organic process: each postage stamp used is very carefully selected for colour and size to fit the random spaces and subtle colour progressions of your collage, creating an unrepeatable artwork, just for you. (You can read more about my process here: https://tanglecrafts.wordpress.com/process/ ) The stamps are glued into place with an acid-free, xylene-free adhesive then coated with a matt sealant, preserving some genuine fragments of postal history alongside your own first class ideas.
* * * * *
Simply packaged in a plain cellophane packet, this is a customised, professionally printed diary with firm-but-flexible) textured kraft cardstock cover, secure binding, and grey binding tape covering the outer spine. Inside are 44 recycled paper pages. It is a little wider than a Moleskine small cahier, the slim size is ideal for tucking into a pocket or throwing into a bag/purse for notes-on-the-go.
The inner front of your notebook will be individually signed using an archival quality (iron gall) ink, and date-stamped with the date of collage.
* Full year-at-a-glance 2018 calendar
* Full year double page spread to mark important dates
* Double page spread for each month, with days of week marked, a full line for each day, plus dot grid note space at bottom of each page
* 12 additional note pages, alternating between graph and dot grid
* 5 to-do list pages with space for 2 long lists per page
* * * * *
BUYING AS A GIFT?
Why not make it extra special? All of my notebooks come simply packaged in a self-seal cellophane packet, but just a small finishing touch can turn a thoughtful idea into something that is a joy to receive. See pic 5 for available extras, and click through the links below to add to your purchase:
Fountain pen: https://tanglecrafts.shop/listing/545043051/
Kraft gift/storage box: https://tanglecrafts.shop/listing/545197909/
Reusable cotton gift bag: https://tanglecrafts.shop/listing/545206965/
* * * * *
Notebooks shown in pics above are examples only. A new notebook will be collaged for your order. Please see separate listings for ready-to-ship collaged items currently available:
Notebooks - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/15317478
Diaries & Planners - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/10737983
Printed Notebooks - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/18745553
Upgrade any notebook or journal with a TangleCrafts notebook insert (eg pocket, index tabs, bookmark, calendar) available separately here: https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/6386953
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
Custom orders & commissions are very welcome! Simply click on the 'Request Custom Order' button or 'Contact Shop Owner' on the shop homepage, to discuss your requirements.
Choose your favourite colours, a different size, and/or stamps from a particular region. I can also add a custom date 'postmark' and/or a hand-stamped, personalised message (additional fees may apply to some customisation options).
Notebooks are available in sizes from A6 to B5, and framed artwork (with or without matting) from A6 to A1. Prices & shipping vary according to dimensions and weight.
PLEASE NOTE items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.
Wholesale prices are available for volume orders.
Discounts vary by item & minimum order quantities apply.
One-off print-runs of printed designs can be arranged upon request.
For a quote, please contact me with your requirements.
Please see individual listings for stated despatch times, or contact me for a quote if requesting a larger custom order. You will always be contacted in the case of any unforeseen delay in despatch of your order.
As a general guide to processing times:
- ready-to-ship items will be despatched within 3 days
- smaller custom orders within 5-7 working days
- larger custom orders will be proportionally longer
I aim to despatch all orders promptly, but please order in plenty of time if you require something for a specific date. If you are outside of the UK, please err on the side of caution and allow at least a month in addition to processing times listed per item.
Unless an upgrade is purchased at checkout, your order will be delivered by:
- 1st class post within the UK (usually 1-2 working days)
- Standard Airmail to any overseas destination (usually 7-14 working days)
Please note, delivery times can be longer at certain times of year (eg Christmas) when general volumes of post are higher.
Unfortunately there can occasionally be unforeseen delays within the various postal services, at any time of year. This is the exception rather than the rule, but please do allow up to a month for overseas delivery, before assuming lost.
Please contact me if you are worried about your delivery.
Please note, tracking is NOT included as standard with any order, due to the services offered by the Royal Mail. Proof of Posting is obtained for all items shipped.
For extra peace of mind, a shipping upgrade is available at checkout on most items, for an additional fee.
- Within UK, upgrade option is 1st class Signed-For delivery, which requires signature on delivery, but does not include tracking. Special Delivery (including tracking) can be arranged upon request, but will be subject to an additional £5 charge.
- Outside UK, upgrade option is Tracked & Signed delivery, which includes both tracking and signature on delivery. Tracked-only (signature not required) can be arranged upon request, for the same delivery upgrade cost.
Please contact me if you have not received your order within the expected timeframe (see above). I will be happy to either send a replacement or refund item costs, as necessary.
If your order has arrived but has been damaged in transit, please contact me as soon as you can to explain what has happened. I will request a photo of the damaged item, then each case will be assessed individually. Either a replacement item or partial refund or full refund will be issued, depending upon circumstances and extent of damage.
Please accept my apologies for any errors in item listing! Please contact me with the details as soon as possible following receipt. I may request a photo to confirm where the issue lies.
If an item has been incorrectly described, I will reimburse return postage and issue a full refund of original purchase price upon receipt of the returned item.
If an incorrect item has been sent in error, I will reimburse return postage and send replacement item upon receipt of the returned item.
Items must be returned within 30 days, in original, re-saleable condition, to qualify for refund or exchange.
If you are simply not happy with your order, for any reason, please contact me before taking any further action. Items may be returned within 30 days, as long as you have first contacted me.
Return postage cost is responsibility of buyer. I will issue a full refund of original purchase cost, upon receipt of the returned item. Items must be returned in original, re-saleable condition to qualify for refund.
PLEASE NOTE made-to-order items may still be returned, but items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.