Treat yourself to this versatile planner-notebook, upcycled just for you with an original vintage postage stamp collage, full of history and character! The inside is almost as much fun - it is undated, so you can use it any year; and includes a variety of adaptable page layouts for all kinds of notes & (bullet) journaling! Read on for full details:
* Dimensions = 14.8 x 21cm = 5.8 x 8.3 inches (A5)
* 44 pages 115gsm recycled paper
- at-a-glance year planner
- 12 undated month-to-view pages
- 30 undated journal & dot grid note pages
- empty task grids
- numbered pages & page index
* Specially designed planner not available anywhere else!
* 300gsm kraft cardstock covers with stapled binding
* Stapled binding covered with grey cloth binding tape
* * * * *
A plain kraft journal will be upcycled with an original, one of a kind collage of vintage postage stamps from around the world, in a colour combination chosen by you! The cover of your journal will be stampified into something entirely unique, and each will be signed & dated.
PLEASE NOTE As this journal will be custom-made to your own specification following receipt of order, despatch time may take several weeks (depending on current order volume). Please see separate listings for pre-collaged options if you have an urgent deadline for your order.
* * * * *
* Choose 1 or 2 colour options from the drop down menus.
* I will collage the cover of your notebook beginning with Colour 1 across the top seguing down into Colour 2. You can specify an additional colour in 'note to seller' at checkout.
* It is sometimes necessary to include a 3rd colour as a bridge when blending from one colour to another, eg orange-(brown)-green, green-(blue)-purple etc. If there is a particular colour you would like me to avoid, please specify in 'note to seller' at checkout (eg if your 2 main colours are blue and green, but you really don't want me to include any turquoise).
* If you specifically do not want a 'bridge' colour included, please mention this in a 'note to seller' at checkout. (This may result in a starker contrast between upper and lower colours than in examples shown.) I'm happy to collage according to your preference.
* Feel free to contact me before placing an order if you want to double-check how your preferred colour scheme might work out.
* * * * *
The postage stamps used will date from a wide range of periods, from early 20th century up to the 1970s (or thereabouts) and bear fragments of postmarks and other cancellation marks as a testament to their former active service for worldwide postal services, providing a real sense of history. Stamps will be included from as wide a variety of countries as possible, depending on your chosen colour scheme.
FIRST CLASS COLLAGES
Every collage in the First Class series evolves from a very organic process: each postage stamp used is very carefully selected for colour and size to fit the random spaces and subtle colour progressions of your collage, creating an unrepeatable artwork, just for you. (You can read more about my process here: https://tanglecrafts.wordpress.com/process/ ) The stamps are glued into place with an acid-free, xylene-free adhesive then coated with a matt sealant, preserving some genuine fragments of postal history alongside your own first class ideas.
* * * * *
Simply packaged in a plain cellophane packet, this is a customised, high quality journal with firm-but-flexible) textured kraft cardstock cover, secure binding, and grey binding tape covering the outer spine. Inside are 44 recycled paper pages. The notebook is A5 size - a little wider than a Moleskine medium cahier, the slim size is ideal for tucking into a pocket or throwing into a bag/purse for notes-on-the-go.
* Inner front cover: blank (space to add in a pocket or other important info)
* Numbered pages, to use with index
* Full year overview with space to note important dates/occasions/meetings etc
* 12 undated month-to-view pages, including including dot grid note space at bottom
* 15 dot grid note pages adjacent to...
* 15 undated journal note pages
* Journal pages feature
- 29 lines per pages with narrow margin (perfect for numbered lists, important dates, or using as check boxes)
- measured markings to grid out page
- 5 star 'review system' option to rate your day, or for adapting as book journal etc
* Daily & monthly grids to record regular tasks & dates
* Inner back cover: Index page
* * * * *
Notebooks shown in pics above are examples only. A new notebook will be collaged for your order. Please see separate listings for ready-to-ship collaged items currently available:
Notebooks & Journals (standard pages) -https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/15317478/stamp-art-notebooks
Journals (printed layouts) - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/18821814/stamp-art-journals
Planners (undated/any year diaries etc) - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/shop/10737983/stamp-art-planners
Whether you are purchasing this notebook as a gift or just treating yourself, why not make it extra special with a thoughtful finishing touch? Click through these links to add to your order -
Fountain pen (silvertone or black): https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/listing/545043051/
Kraft box (for storage or gifting): https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/listing/546255537/
Small cotton tote (gift bag, book bag, lunch bag etc): https://www.tanglecrafts.shop/listing/545206965/
Even more options! - https://www.tanglecrafts.shop
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 14 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 30 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 0 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
I will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information
Custom orders & commissions are very welcome! Simply click on the 'Request Custom Order' button or 'Contact Shop Owner' on the shop homepage, to discuss your requirements.
Choose your favourite colours, a different size, and/or stamps from a particular region. I can also add a custom date 'postmark' and/or a hand-stamped, personalised message (additional fees may apply to some customisation options).
Notebooks are available in sizes from A6 to B5, and framed artwork (with or without matting) from A6 to A1. Prices & shipping vary according to dimensions and weight.
PLEASE NOTE items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.
Wholesale prices are available for volume orders.
Discounts vary by item & minimum order quantities apply.
One-off print-runs of printed designs can be arranged upon request.
For a quote, please contact me with your requirements.
Please see individual listings for stated despatch times, or contact me for a quote if requesting a larger custom order. You will always be contacted in the case of any unforeseen delay in despatch of your order.
As a general guide to processing times:
- ready-to-ship items will be despatched within 3 days
- smaller custom orders within 5-7 working days
- larger custom orders will be proportionally longer
I aim to despatch all orders promptly, but please order in plenty of time if you require something for a specific date. If you are outside of the UK, please err on the side of caution and allow at least a month in addition to processing times listed per item.
Unless an upgrade is purchased at checkout, your order will be delivered by:
- 1st class post within the UK (usually 1-2 working days)
- Standard Airmail to any overseas destination (usually 7-14 working days)
Please note, delivery times can be longer at certain times of year (eg Christmas) when general volumes of post are higher.
Unfortunately there can occasionally be unforeseen delays within the various postal services, at any time of year. This is the exception rather than the rule, but please do allow up to a month for overseas delivery, before assuming lost.
Please contact me if you are worried about your delivery.
Please note, tracking is NOT included as standard with any order, due to the services offered by the Royal Mail. Proof of Posting is obtained for all items shipped.
For extra peace of mind, a shipping upgrade is available at checkout on most items, for an additional fee.
- Within UK, upgrade option is 1st class Signed-For delivery, which requires signature on delivery, but does not include tracking. Special Delivery (including tracking) can be arranged upon request, but will be subject to an additional £5 charge.
- Outside UK, upgrade option is Tracked & Signed delivery, which includes both tracking and signature on delivery. Tracked-only (signature not required) can be arranged upon request, for the same delivery upgrade cost.
Please contact me if you have not received your order within the expected timeframe (see above). I will be happy to either send a replacement or refund item costs, as necessary.
If your order has arrived but has been damaged in transit, please contact me as soon as you can to explain what has happened. I will request a photo of the damaged item, then each case will be assessed individually. Either a replacement item or partial refund or full refund will be issued, depending upon circumstances and extent of damage.
Please accept my apologies for any errors in item listing! Please contact me with the details as soon as possible following receipt. I may request a photo to confirm where the issue lies.
If an item has been incorrectly described, I will reimburse return postage and issue a full refund of original purchase price upon receipt of the returned item.
If an incorrect item has been sent in error, I will reimburse return postage and send replacement item upon receipt of the returned item.
Items must be returned within 30 days, in original, re-saleable condition, to qualify for refund or exchange.
If you are simply not happy with your order, for any reason, please contact me before taking any further action. Items may be returned within 30 days, as long as you have first contacted me.
Return postage cost is responsibility of buyer. I will issue a full refund of original purchase cost, upon receipt of the returned item. Items must be returned in original, re-saleable condition to qualify for refund.
PLEASE NOTE made-to-order items may still be returned, but items customised with specific personalisation (therefore not re-saleable) do not qualify for return unless damaged.